VISA for Nepal can be easily obtained upon your arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. You are advised to download the application form for Nepal visa online or fill up the application form at the entry point and make necessary payment for the VISA process.
Indian nationals don’t require visa to enter Nepal though they are required to show a valid national identify like passport or other identification issued by the government of India. Children under the age of 10 do not require any identification.
Tourist VISA can also be obtained from Nepal Embassy or Consulate or at the office of immigration in Nepal.
If you are flying into Kathmandu then you can obtain Nepal VISA from Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu.
If entering Nepal overland then following are the entry points from where Nepal VISA can be issued.
– Birgunj, Persa (Central Nepal)
– Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
– Kodari, Sindhupalchok (Nepal-China Border)
– Nepalgunj, Banke
– Mohana, Dhangadi
– Mahendranagar, Kanchanpur (far west)
Visa Fee/Duration/Type (Nepal visa fee)
1) Multiple entry (15 days) is USD30 or Equivalent Nepali Currency (NPR)
2) Multiple entry (30 days) is USD50 or Equivalent Nepali Currency (NPR)
3) Multiple entry (90 days) is USD125 or Equivalent Nepali Currency (NPR)
Nepal visa extension:
Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is USD 30 or Equivalent Nepali Currency (NPR) and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is USD 2 per day. Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single VISA year (Jan – Dec)